The sewer inspection valve is used to solve the problems of clogging of pipes (pipe opening), siphon and elbows, emptying the well and cleaning them in the building, despite this valve, it is not necessary to split the pipe. Stay with us to provide you with more information about the well valve.
Sewer access valve
The sewer inspection valve is a valve that is installed in some pipes of the building during the plumbing of the building. In this way, when the pipes, elbows and in general the plumbing system and finally the sewage well of the building are clogged, the problems can be solved without removing the pipes and directly accessing the part that is clogged.
- A sufficient number of inspection valves should be installed in each sewage system. For example, the following can be mentioned:
- At the lowest point of any vertical sewer pipe
- at the knee
- three ways
- When connecting a secondary pipe to another main pipe
- At every change of direction
- The main sewer pipe of the building that passes through the external wall
Installation in the sewer inspection window is very practical along with other measures in line with repairing and renovating the building’s sewer and removing its blockage, such as pouring lime in the sewer well, springing the sewer pipe and similar things in general.
The inspection valve is often installed with a y-shaped three-way fitting in the sewer line. For sewer pipes with a diameter of up to 4 inches, the pipe leading to the inspection valve must be equal to the same diameter as the sewer pipe, and for sewer pipes with a diameter greater than 4 inches, the diameter of the pipe leading to the inspection valve must be at least 4 inches or more. For underground pipes greater than 10 inches in diameter, a hole with a 90-degree elbow shall be installed at intervals of up to 150 feet.
The opening of the sewer inspection valve should be placed about 2 inches above the floor level so that the cleaning of the pipes can be done easily. A check valve shall be installed every 50 feet for horizontal sewer pipes 4 inches or less in diameter, and every 100 feet for pipes larger in diameter. The opening of the sewer access valve is closed by the cap.
Installation of the sewer inspection valve and its tips
- The valve should be installed in such a way that it is easy to access.
- Use suitable washers and bolts for the inspection valve.
- The inspection valve should be the same size as the pipe to which it is connected.
- It is necessary to have a distance of 45 cm from the inspection hatch to the opposite wall.
- The sewer inspection valve should be installed against the direction of the sewage flow or perpendicular to it.
- It is not allowed to use this valve in places where food is prepared, such as bakeries, butchers, etc.
- If there is a possibility of water freezing in the pipe, it is necessary to protect the inspection valve against freezing.
If you have any other question about plumbing in Toronto, you can share it with us below.